Sunday 17 May 2009

craft club blackout

We had just set up the craft club on Monday and everyone was arriving when the electricity went off!! So we had a look at everyone's mini kit challenge layouts and cards but it was getting too dark to take photos of them to post on this blog but we were sure the power would come back on within a few minutes.
How wrong we were, at 8.45pm we decided that it was even getting too dark to stay and chat so we started to pack away. Just as we were starting to leave the power came back on!!!!!!!!! A bit disappointing to say the least especially as our next meeting can't be for three weeks due to another bank holiday.
But I have given everyone a sketch challenge to be getting along with and we will all bring our layouts to the next meeting and I will post them all then.

This next layout I started with a sketch from the last Creativity Life magazine but didn't follow it to the letter ( But then I rarely do) I found this lovely paper that I could cut around the flowers to make it more interesting and then because the paper was quite busy anyway it didn't need much more on there so I just cut some more flowers and placed them on top of the others using some foam pads. I decided to add lots of gems to jazz it up a bit.
click on the image to see up close. Thanks for looking.


No comments:

Post a Comment