Wednesday 14 July 2010

Saturday Sketches.

Another Saturday sketch over at the Papermaze blog but this one is one that I wouldn't normally choose to do as it's not my style. Sketches though, I reminded myself are just the springboard and you can make it your own with a little imagination.
So I challenged myself to complete a layout using this sketch just to see what I would come up with.

I surprised myself at how much I liked my page when it was finished, I am really into "white space" at the moment, so I shrank the sketch and was much happier working with the smaller size.

I also had a go at the spiral flowers ( I must be the last person to ever make these) they were so easy yet so effective. Definitely be making more of them.


and here is a close up of the little heart in the middle.
Not had a go at the Saturday Sketches yet? Go on, challenge yourself on the sketches that you would normally pass on and you may surprise yourself how adaptable you are too.



1 comment:

  1. wow - a fabulous interpretation - I think you can be very proud of this!

    ReplyDelete