Saturday 4 September 2010

Seeing Double

I met up with my great friend Helen on Friday and we spent all day in her scrap shed chatting and scrapping. Last time we met up I gave Helen a page making kit that I had two of and challenged us to complete a double page layout.

This is the kit, it is from Me & My Big Ideas and is called Chester. The papers are only 8x8 so we were limited from the off.

Here is Helens double page layout, she found a great idea of adding circles and the stickers to add detail to the white space in the corners and she added punched strips of the patterned paper to help frame her photos.

Here is my layout, I used up nearly all the sticker sheet to make the border along the bottom of the photos and cut out the large flower to make my sun. I also thought I would make a banner as it seems to be the in thing at the moment and used it for my title.

I hope you liked our pages and our next challenge is to use two identical sheets of patterned paper, luckily they are double sided but the colours are so out of my comfort zone! Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment