Sunday 23 September 2012

Hold That Pose!

It's been so long since I've managed to grab time to play along with Sarah's Cards monthly challenges, so when I found time this month I found the sketch over on Sarah's blog. I was in two minds whether or not to have a go though as the sketch didn't leap out and grab me as they usually do, but not one to be put off I went in search of the photo and papers I could use.

I was delighted to find a piece of paper that went so well with the photo, not only did the colours match with two of the bikinis that the girls are wearing but it had a beachy/tropical theme to it aswell! I cut the waves so that I could tuck the photo underneath and also cut out the wave with the starfish on and raised in up with some foam pads. You can see it better on the next photo.
 
The patterned paper I used had alot of glitter so I made some arrows from different coloured glitter card to go under the photo.

 
I layered the title up on some more glitter card and added netting and stars.

This tag is tied to the  raised wave.
 

Here is the sketch from Sarah's Cards blog that I used and my journalling is where the sketch states but it is written on the wavy line in white pen so it's not easy to see it.
The challenge is running until 30th September so you have a few days left to join in and there is a £20 voucher to spend in their shop up for grabs!

Hope you enjoyed your little visit to my humble blog and hope you pop back soon.

5 comments:

  1. great scrappage Kerry! Love the sketch! Must try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab page, love all the texture! Glad you decided to give the sketch a go after all - thanks for joining in our challenge. Nat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really is the perfect paper for you photo! Great take on the sketch. Thanks for stopping by my blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love the movement on this layout! Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely bright layout Kerry. Great take on the sketch. x

    ReplyDelete