Saturday 26 January 2013

A Scrappy Friends Challenge.

 
How many photo's did you take over Christmas? The tree, decorations, excited children opening pressies and all the other fun stuff that goes with the holidays has to be recorded. So what better challenge for myself and my wonderful friend Helen than to scrap a page using some of the photo's that were taken over the festive season!
We met up on Friday to share our creations and catch up on life in general - kids, pets and of course scrapbooking.
 
 
Here is my layout that I made for the challenge. The photo shows my girls after they spent about three hours making paper chains for their den.
 

 It's not often I make rosettes but I felt they would be perfect for this layout. and I added some glitter brads to the middle for that touch of sparkle.


Yes I went completely mad and made miniature paper chains for my layout and yes it took me a long time! But once I got the idea in my head I just had to make them and luckily I had some quilling papers that had just the right colours.
 
 
 Helen's super cute layout is of her girls enjoying the comfort of their new onesies, there is quite a craze for them this year in the UK, although my husband said he wouldn't wear it if I got him one for Christmas (must be a girl thing!).
 
 
Did you count the sheep? No! well there are only two so no fear of falling asleep. Helen's new found pleasure of shrink plastic has produced these cute winter sheep and there are owls on the page too as those are the creatures that girls onesies are based on.

 
Here is one of the shrink plastic owls taking up position near the title, the stamps that Helen used were from Papermania.

The next challenge that Helen has set us is to use this stamp set on our layout, aren't these images soooo cute!


Can't wait to get started, I think lots of paper piecing will be involved.
 
I hoped you enjoyed seeing our challenge this month and if you have used this stamp set on your pages I would love to see them and get some ideas!!!!
 
 I hope you have a great weekend.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. The rosettes and garlands in the top layout is awesome...gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete