Tuesday 21 May 2013

C is for....

CRAFTY COUSINS CHALLENGE!!!

Hello and welcome to my little blog and today I have two pages to show you, one that was made by me and the other made by my crafty cousin Jan!
Why I hear you ask..... well as you know I do love a challenge and when my cousin approached me with a challenge to both scrap a certain family photo, I jumped at the chance.
Now Jan and I are completely different in our scrapping style so it was quite interesting to see what we would come up with armed with the same photo but free to use our own style.

 
The photo is of the cousins in our family during a party to celebrate my parents 50th wedding anniversary last month.
I have gone for my usual style of bright (Fancy Pants) papers and lots of doodling and layers.
 
 
Jan has used two almost identical photo's on her page, please note that the lady in the middle of the photo's who has changed position is JAN! I think she wanted the photographer to catch her best side!
Jan has what she calls a shabby style of scrapping and I love how she incorporates so many elements into her page, sewing, fabric, buttons and lots of layers. Who noticed we both have banners on our page in almost the same place. (spooky).
 

A close up of the rosette I made using my Tim Holtz die and some washi tape.

 
The Fancy Pants paper I used already had the doodling around the edge so I cut along it enough so that I could tuck my other papers behind it.
You may have to click on the images to see clearer as it was a really dull day when I took the photo's and they are not looking their best.

What did you think of our challenge and do you do similar challenges with your crafty family or friends? It is so much more fun when it's with people you know!

To see more of Jan's page and her other crafty goodness you just need to click HERE.

Thanks for stopping by. 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. It was a fun challenge Kerry...great seeing what we did with a similar photo.. yes it was spooky about the bunting :) ...you made me giggle.. re. me changing position in the photos...now if I wanted the photographer to catch my best side...I would of put my back to the camera LOL!! ;) ...Looking forward to our next challenge now. Jan x

    ReplyDelete