Wednesday 15 May 2013

Sketch N Scrap Challenge #33.

Now if you have been following the Birthday Bash Celebrations over at Sketch N Scrap you'll know how much fun we have been having and there is still plenty more to come for the rest of the month.
Today though we have our 2nd layout sketch to show you and I hope that you can play along with us because it's a wonderful sketch that you can really make your own.

Here is the sketch designed by Brenshevia (don't you just love banners?).
 
 
Here is my page based on the sketch, which for me is quite muted colour wise!
I started off using some sequin waste as a stamp by spraying some shimmer mist on it then pressing onto my background cardstock. (It was an experiment I will be repeating!)
The papers I used for all my layers are all from My Minds Eye (different collections).
 

Chevrons are 'in' at the moment and these ones were cut out from the papers.
 

I haven't got a die to cut banners so I use one of my children's stencils to draw the size I want and then cut out, mount on some white paper and cut out again. It doesn't take too long as it's only straight line cutting. I added faux stitching because although I love the look of stitching on layouts and cards my sewing machine has to be put away in a cupboard when not in use because I craft on my dining room table. Plus, I love to doodle on my pages.

I hope you can join us with this sketch challenge and all the details of how to play are over at the Sketch N Scrap Blog HERE.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment