Wednesday 12 June 2013

Keeping it in the Family.

Do you remember the post earlier in May when my cousin Jan and I challenged each other to scrap the same photo? You can find it HERE.
Well this month my mum joined in the fun and so the three of us scrapped not only the same photo but the same papers too! Not content with that Jan suggested stitching and more than one button as well (she is a slave driver!).
Jan had provided the papers (three doubled sided sheets) which she admits are way out of her comfort zone as they are quite bright! But mum and I thought they were perfect.

 
Here is my page and the photo we all used is of my mum and her three sisters one of which is Jan's mum. Don't you just love these papers they are so bright and girly?
I thought I would play with my stitching templates as I don't use them enough so the word sisters is hand stitched and also the heart at the top of my page.
 

As for the buttons I managed to get four on my page (for some reason it wasn't a struggle!) and I threaded them with some black embroidery thread.
 
 
This one is Jan's page and she has used her sewing machine to do the hard work, I love the zigzag stitching and all the bakers twine.
Check out all the banners on Jan page - super sweet.
 


There were four buttons used on Jan's page as well and did you spot this cute heart bead?
You can see her page in more detail on her blog Jan's Arty Junk.
 
 
Mum has enlarged the photo for her layout and her sewing machine was used to stitch the banners in place under the title as well as around the outside of the page.
 
 
 Only three buttons were used on mums page but they were placed in the centre of these gorgeous flowers that she made from pulling apart artificial flowers that were on stems!
 
I hoped you enjoyed looking at our pages and there are still three sheets of papers still to play with so we will be back with another family challenge soon!
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, how fun is this! You all did an absolute fabulous job using the same photo and three different layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fun challenge Kerry...looking forward to the next one ;)x

    ReplyDelete