Thursday 6 June 2013

Tweet, tweet!

Hello and welcome, sorry I have been AWOL these last few days, I have been trying to make arrangements for a Saturday crop this week and trying but mostly failing to get some kits ready to take with me.
June is also a busy month for birthdays with our family/friends and I am attempting to get ahead of myself before I have surgery near the end of the month.
So as I was having to make a card today I thought I would encompass a challenge, so I searched blogland and found this sketch from Retro Sketches.


 
Here is my card that I made and as it has to go in the post I tried to make it fairly flat.
I embossed the edges and added the pearly spots instead of the chevrons.
 

The background paper had some glitter on it so I added some stickles glue to the flowers.
The image was free from a link on Pinterest, I did try and go back and find the link but too many days has passed!
There is one day left of the Retro Sketches challenge #66 and all the details can be found HERE.

Hope you have found time to craft this week and are enjoying the summer sun, we are finally getting some in the UK!
Thanks for stopping by.
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, your card is A-DOR-A-BLE!! The little birds and flowers are darling, and the scalloped frame is just perfect! Love it! Totally love it! Whoever you're sending this to will be happy dancing with joy!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love this card!!! It jumped out at me in the gallery and I had to stop by to get a better peek! Every detail is just perfect -- I have pinned that image on Pinterest, too, and now I'm definitely gonna have to use it! :) I also love your score lines! They add the perfect touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerry - this is a great card! What a fabulous idea to stickle the flowers to match the glitter on the paper! I will be thinking of you at the end of the month and I hope all goes well! I'm glad you are getting some sun! :-)

    ReplyDelete