Saturday 20 July 2013

Friendly Challenge.

Yes my friend Helen and I have got together again with another challenge! This time it was to use the same roll of the cutest washi tape courtesy of Helen.

 
Don't you agree this is the sweetest pattern on a washi tape?
 
Please click on the images for a clearer view.
 
 
This one is my page and I had a bit of fun to start with by adding some texture paste with a mask for my background and then added some paint splats. The papers are MME and the title was die cut out of thin balsa wood.
 
 
I made some clouds, some plain and some with the cloud washi tape covering them. On my second cloud I found out that I could match up the design on the tape so that the clouds were whole when I placed one strip next to another.
 

I had a piece of tape covered card left over so I punched a circle out and placed it under the photo with a few word stickers, balsa butterfly and some wooden stars.

 
I loved Helen's page design with the ripped and stitched centre cardstock and her gorgeous patterned papers. She placed a long strip of washi tape under the photo of her girls with their pony.
 

Helen also used her washi tape in the top corner, cut into a banner strip. (spot the cute bird she cut from some of her paper).


Here is a close up of all the fussy cutting that Helen did from the patterned papers that are cloud themed as well. These are gorgeous papers that not only have lovely colours and designs but are glittered as well, what more could you ask from scrapbook papers!!

There is no rest for the wicked so we have set our next challenge already which is to use our terribly neglected stitching templates! We both have several sets and quite a few that are the same so it will be interesting to see what we  do with them, I think I will do some research and see if I can find some creative use for them other that stitching straight onto my page.

I hope you enjoyed seeing our different layouts and I will be back tomorrow with my second page for Scrap Our Stash.
Thanks for dropping in.
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Love these layouts! Especially the cute little clouds you created! Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your layout and what you did with the washi! It was a brilliant idea to use it as your page's inspiration too! The clouds are my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors on your layout are so beautiful and I love the background design you created! The washi tape is the sweetest and looks wonderful floating around on your clouds! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sweet lay-outs. I'm always learning something new (a new way to use the tape today)..I don't have any yet:) I love the effects of your mask and paint splats. I'm inspired but darn, I have to go get ready for work..Cheers! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been needing some washi inspiration! Sweet layouts!

    ReplyDelete