Wednesday 6 November 2013

Family Sketch Challenge.

Hi and happy Wednesday! Definitely turned chilly here in the UK, Mother Nature seems to have almost by-passed Autumn, it seemed such a short season this year due to the warm temperatures in October!
I'm sure you remember the challenges I have been posting through the year that my cousin Jan, my mum Joan and I have been having fun with. Today I have another one to share with you, we thought that each of us could design a sketch and we would all make a page based on them in turn.


It was me to go first and here is the sketch that I made. Nice and simple to interpret as we liked.
 
 
I couldn't resist using a photo of me and my brother and Jan and her brother as the subject of my page! I kept basically to the sketch and just added a little extra for interest.
 
 
A tag to hold my journaling tucked behind my photo, with an assortment of co-ordinating buttons and brad.

 
At the bottom of my page I copied the embellishment cluster from near the tag and added in some more of the ripped patterned papers.
 
 
My mum has altered the sketch ever so slightly at the top and gone for a bright sunny page in blue and orange. (one of my favourite colour combo's).
 
 
She has fussy cut these lovely flowers from some older paper and they are the perfect colours for her page. 
 
 
Mum has even done some machine stitching that co-ordinates beautifully.
 
 
Jan's dog Barney and his little friend Dolly are the stars of Jan page, obviously enjoying the summers day together! Lots of ripped paper goodness going on here and can you spot the little collar on her page? 
 
 
The corner embellishment cluster features some awesome negative strip, I have some in washi tape but in acetate it looks great!
 
 
Some more of the negative strip and a sweet number 2 tag.
To see more of Jan's fabulous work check out her blog HERE.
 
Well I hope you enjoyed seeing the 3 different takes on my sketch and it is Jan's turn to create a sketch next so I will post the results from that challenge when we have all completed it.
 
 
Hope you are having a great week so far. xx
 
P.S.  Don't forget that Sketch N Scrap are have a design team call and you have until the 21st November to apply. For all the details click HERE.
 
http://sketchnscrap.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/design-team-call_9065.html
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, love all three! I just love seeing the difference in what you create! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo you chose to scrap, is still bringing a smile to my face Kerry!! Love what you and Auntie Joan did with the sketch...It's always great to see our different outcomes....Thanks for yet another fab challenge to keep me on my toes!!!...Looking forward to designing a sketch for us all, for our next family challenge...so I best get my thinking cap on LOL!!!...x x

    ReplyDelete