Friday 6 December 2013

Friendly Challenge - Masking.

Good evening scrappy friends! I hope your Christmas preparations are going well and you are nearly ready for the visit of the year!
I took a break from the frantic hustle and bustle of the shops today by visiting with my dear friend Helen and partaking in some crafty therapy!
Our challenge this time around was to use masking on our pages and I have to admit my masking skills are not the best!

 
Here is my page showing some older photo's of the family trip to a safari park here in the UK, with some glitter masking behind the flowers.

 
I had envisioned the masking to be a bit finer in detail but I thought I could cheat and use a mask that I made using a die and some cardstock. Only to find that my homemade paste was a bit too thick and just didn't want to spread nicely! But as I had already put it onto the page I couldn't take it off again so I just sprinkled my glitter and covered the worst with the flowers! 

 
My title was made up of chopped about left over glitter thickers, making the letter A's from D and Q!
The centre of the flowers are the leftover full stops and the flowers are coloured with Promarkers.

 
Helen went one better and used two masking techniques to showcase her bunny's snowy photo's! (so cute!).
 
 
The first masking is using star sequin waste, texture paste and added glitter (we are glitter girls).

 
Helen's second masking was to use letters as the mask and to spray ink around them leaving the word relief when the letters were taken away! Not a title technique I have used yet but will definitely be doing in the future!
 
Well that's us done with our show and tell. I hope you enjoyed seeing our little friendly challenge, the next one is to do a minimalist page!
 
Tomorrow I have the brand new blog reveal for Challenge Yourself to share with you, but you could check out the blog tonight and get to know the DT ahead of tomorrows excitement - just follow this link. xx
 
Wishing you a Fabulous Weekend. xx

 


2 comments:

  1. I love how you adapted the q & d to make 'a's' for your title, and how you also rescued your mask with glitter. I would never have known! I love having fun with friends, looks like this was just that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of these! The glitter masking & the flowers on your first layout are so lovely. And the photos are adorable on the 2nd layout, and I love the background misting/texture! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete