Wednesday 18 December 2013

Holiday Fruitcake Recipe Challenge.

I am happy to say that I took some time out from my busy schedule to relax and create last night. It's so nice to switch off from the endless list checking and worrying that you have everything ready for the big day!
I picked out a couple of photo's of our little old lady and listed all the 'recipe ingredients' from Sketch N Scraps Holiday Fruitcake Challenge.......

 
Holiday Fruitcake Recipe Challenge . By Kelly Holifield.(Pick 4 ingredients for your layout):

Red and green candied cherries – choose the color red or green 
Candied pineapple – choose the color yellow or gold
Walnuts – use wood veneers or woodgrain papers, etc.
Raisins – use something sweet (the word Sweet, food related items or photos, etc.)
Sugar – use sprinkles of round embellishments in any color (brads, buttons, confetti, etc)
Eggs – use some form of ribbon as a binding agent
Vanilla – use any type of liquid medium (can be ice or snow related photos, spritz, paints, etc)
Flour - Use any white embellishment (clouds, flowers, doilies, snowflakes, etc.) 
 
Now not only did I complete this challenge but I also challenged myself to use all eight of the ingredients instead of the four that's required!
 
 
Here is my layout staring our little cat Molly who in her old age (15) has started sleeping in the strangest of places! These photo's show her making a bed out of my eldest daughters college bag!
Red and green candied cherries - red papers.
Candied pineapple  - gold glitter foam letters.
Walnuts  - wood effect paper.
 
 
Raisins - the word 'sweet' in my title.
Eggs – I bound my tag with ribbon.


Sugar - sequin sprinkles.
Vanilla – two colours of mists.
 
 
Flour - white doily tucked behind the photo's (although after I spritz the page it wasn't very white!).
 
And there you have it! So are you going to give yourself some 'down time' and create a project for Sketch N Scraps festive crop? Go on you deserve it!
 
There are four challenges in the crop and all of them can be found over at the Sketch N Scrap blog HERE.
It runs until the 21st, so plenty od time to have a little play with the challenges, which are so fun!
 
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting. xx
 

7 comments:

  1. The photos are so cute. Well done on this challenge...and using all the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely page! Great job with the challenge, I love the pictures of your kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, this is sooo cute! Love those photos and you rocked the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, SO SWEET!!! What great photos to document her sleeping spots! I stared at the 2nd photo forever thinking it was a stuffed animal until I could see she was on her side upside down, lol! That is just adorable! Way to go using all the INGREDIENTS! Your fruitcake is super delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very "sweet" indeed!!! Nicely done :-)
    Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The ripped papers look awesome paired with that doily. Love it!

    ReplyDelete