Saturday 7 December 2013

Simply Me. Challenge YOUrself Reveal.

Welcome, welcome, welcome!
 
Hello if you have never visited my blog before and if you have - I'm so happy to see you again!
 
There is a new challenge blog on the block called Challenge YOUrself and as the name suggests it's all about documenting the most important person...YOU!
 
 
To start the ball rolling the first challenge is super easy and that is to basically tell us a bit about yourself but don't forget that You must be in the photo! 
You can write a little or a lot but you must include at least three random facts about yourself, for example you might be a collector of teapots, have a passion for cheese and sing in the shower! If there are some facts you don't want the whole world to know you could of course use hidden journaling just for your family's eyes only.
 
 
Here is my take on the challenge with ME in the photo! and my friend bear of course.
I chose to use these beautiful My Minds Eye papers as the background had 'Unique' already printed in the corner so I thought it was appropriate as we are all unique in our own way.
The facts I wrote about me on the page are......wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, scrapbooker, reader, gardener, blogger, worker, cat owner, photographer, blood giver, optimist and dreamer. So now you know all about me in one go.  
I am a Jack of all trades and master of none!
 
 
Here are some close up's of the rest of the layout starting with this freebie black and white butterfly image that I coloured with my Promarkers. As I am an avid reader I thought it fitting that I add some book paper shapes to the page.
 
 
These flower images are another great find on the internet, again coloured with pens and embellished with brads.

 
Now these are metal letters that used to have a ring at the top to hang them but I cut those off and coloured them black.


Lastly the top corner cluster with a little bit of everything and a home printed quote.
 
Now hands up you ladies out there who are the photo takers in the family........ well you need to be in the scrapbooks too! So make it a New Years resolution to document about YOU once in a while, you could join us girls at Challenge YOUrself  this month to get yourself started and then every month (on the 7th) to make it fun experience.
Did you know the word 'selfie' is now in the dictionary? So have a go at pointing the camera the other way and SMILE.
 
Now you just need to follow this LINK to the Challenge YOUrself blog to see the rest of the design team's layouts and find the details for the challenge. Go on, you know you should!
I am looking forward to my 'selfie' journey and would love for you to join me.
 

6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful layout, Kerry! I love the picture of you with your bear! And I can't wait to work with you more on this design team! Thanks for sharing a little bit about you with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kerry! You're so funny! Singing in the shower eh?! Ha!
    Your layout is fantastic and I love your photo! Great details! So nice to get to know a little bit of random facts about YOU :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, this is too fun! Love your layout! I'll have to check them out! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photo is just the CUTEST! Love all the layers! Love the colors in its soft tone! What a sweet layout!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kerry, so lovely page! Love the teddybear in the pic <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great design Kerry! Love all your clusters and your photo is perfect!

    ReplyDelete