Wednesday 1 January 2014

Color Me Scrappy 2014.

Happy New Year to you all and welcome to another year of colour inspiration at Color Me Scrappy.
To start the year off with a bang we have a bright and fun colour scheme and an awesome sketch to tempt you into joining us for sketch number 53!

 
Firstly the cutest colour combination.
 

Here is the sketch.
 
 
 
My take on the challenge.
I rummaged around in my photo's box and came across this photo of us on holiday in Cyprus in 2003 and it had the perfect colours for this challenge, don't you just love it when that happens?
Lots of paint splats, doodling and paper ripping went into making this page and it came together quite well considering there are numerous paper manufacturers involved!
 

I exchanged the star in the sketch for a hand cut sun which I spritzed with white paint to soften it against the white background. (Thanks for the idea Helen. x).

 
I got to use my new Silhouette (Christmas came early for me this year!) to make part of my title and the rest I cut from some paper that was printed with these pink Scrabble tiles!
 
Ok I know you love the colour/sketch combo as much as I do so if you want to join us in this challenge just pop on over to the Color Me Scrappy blog HERE and check out the inspiration from the rest of the design team and you will also find details on how to play along.
 
Look forward to seeing all your great creativity during the coming year!
Thanks for dropping in on me. xx 

 
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kerry! Happy New Year to you and your family! I absolutely love the layout you created using the sketch and color scheme! It is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE this! I have to try your peekaboo technique with the patterned paper showing between torn card stock! And that handcut sun is awesome! ♥︎

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that you used a lot of techniques...fav are the Scrabble tiles!

    ReplyDelete