Monday 10 February 2014

Inspired By.....

Just last month Sketch N Scrap launched a new monthly challenge called Inspired By where a sketch is made from one of the DT's pages. The rest of the design team gets the chance to make a page 'inspired by' that sketch but we don't get to see the original page. It's a fun way to compare our takes on the sketch, then our followers get the chance to play along too.
here is the 'Inspired By' sketch and it is based on a page by our DT member Brandi Matos.
And here is my take on the sketch.
These My Minds Eye papers worked well with the photo of my niece with one of our budgies about to land on her head!
I have been sorting out my stash of embellishments to fill some new storage boxes and came across these sweet enamel flowers that added a shot of brighter colour to contrast with the pastels of the papers.
Still enjoying the versatility of the Silhouette and I doubt I have even skimmed the surface of what it can do, but these speech bubbles make me happy!

I do hope you can join in with our second 'Inspired By' challenge and if you would like to see Brandi's original page that the sketch was based on just hop on over to the Sketch N Scrap blog HERE.

Back tomorrow with another page to share with you. xx




6 comments:

  1. Beautiful page! I love the soft colors you used and I love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the soft pastel colours. Gorgeous layout. Love your silhouette cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the layers and the beautiful soft patterns and colors. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page Kerry, I love the pastel colours and your touches of doodling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome color palette, love how you made your title vertically !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kerry, this caught my eye on the Sketch N Scrap blog. This is so beautiful! I am enjoying your doodling! Great work!

    ReplyDelete