Sunday 23 February 2014

ROAR!

Today's page is all about a boy! I know, are boys even allowed on my blog? This one is as he is my little nephew and he is such a sweetie. Last year he was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of seven and as a person with a sweet tooth I am so in awe of how he is coping with the limit's to his diet now.
Anyway the page is based on the February challenge at Two Scrapbook Friends.
Here is the sketch and there is also a requirement to add a die cut to your page.
Here is my page staring the little guy and I remembered I had some REALLY OLD BasicGrey paper collection with dinosaurs on! I pretty much kept to the sketch and I was surprised on how much I enjoyed a non girly page for a change!
I added some brown water colour paint behind the photo/papers and someone at my craft club said that the dinosaur had had an accident!!!!
The larger dinosaur in this trio is the die cut and the other two were cut from one of the patterned papers in the collection. Did you notice I inked the edges of my page? Not a doodle in sight!
I was looking through my letter stickers and found these that I had never used, but the colours on them were perfect for my page. I mounted them on some cardstock and added some dimensional pads to lift them a bit.
Some brads that I think were from the same collection were added around the page.
Oh and the story behind the photo is that we were at a zoo a couple of years ago and  Matty was exploring underneath the huge dinosaur and he didn't realize that a recording of a 'Roar' went off every now and then! You know how the story ends don't you?
Yes, the poor guy screamed and ran! The rest of us could help but laugh, what meanies!
Hope you enjoyed my masculine page and if you would like to have a go at this challenge all the details and the awesome DT pages can be found on the Two Scrapbook Friends blog HERE. 
Thank you for looking in on me. xx


6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this is just the cutest layout! Love it:)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! That is stunning! I have a collection somewhere that looks a bit like this..... I doubt I could get such gorgeous results but I might get it out!!!! Super layout <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout is fabulous! Thanks for playing along at Two Scrapbook Friends!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous page Kerry. You do well with boy pages. Love the letter stickers and the dinosaurs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a perfect boy page!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super cute layout! I like what you did with your dinosaur embellishments it adds to your story perfectly.

    ReplyDelete