Sunday 7 September 2014

Autumn Cropping.

I am not a great lover of Autumn due to the fact that it signals the end of Summers warm weather and that in turn means Winter is not far behind it! Autumn has it's good points of course, the leaves turning into the most glorious displays of colour and we get to light the fire in the lounge using the wood we collected during the Summer.
But my favourite thing about Autumn is the different vegetables that become available at my allotment. We have had an amazing crop of parsnips, leeks and butternut squash, the perfect ingredients for lovely healthy soups!
This month over at Challenge YOUrself we are focusing on the things we like about Autumn and we would LOVE for you to join in the fun by creating a page about YOU and your favourite thing/s in Autumn.
Here is my take on the challenge.
As you can see I have made my page all about the delicious vegetables I have ready for cropping at the moment and the photo is a selfie of me at my allotment!
All of my photo's were given a 60's feel to them in Picasa which put a warm, aged glow on them. Just right for looking Autumnal!
This wooden butterfly was the perfect addition to my page not only because of it's lovely green colour but there has been a flurry of butterflies at the allotment feasting on the dropped plums. So I thought it would remind me that nature is enjoying the bounty too!

Now, since we are in the Fall theme, and three of our DT members (Erin, JJ & Lynn) have recently been published in the latest Fall issue of Canadian Scrapbooker, we are giving away a copy of the issue as this month's prize.
To see the rest of the DT's takes and to see details of this challenge please hop on over to the Challenge YOUrself blog HERE.
It runs until October 4th.

Thanks for stopping by today. xx
    

2 comments:

  1. Love this idea and your page. I love fall so I just may have to play along!!

    ReplyDelete