Wednesday 10 September 2014

Can Marca Caves.

I have been busy making cards today! 
Not something I do very often but my stash had reduced to just one! But that is not what I am here to share with you today because the cards are for Sketch N Scrap's celebration of cards in October!
Still with Sketch N Scrap though I have created a double page layout for the Inspired By Challenge.
Lisa created this sketch from a layout by our DT member Wendy.
The left side is my take on the sketch and as you can see that I made a couple of adjustments but the design can still be seen.
A closer look at it and I was really pleased to be able to match all these papers from three different paper lines and paper manufacturer's. I have been setting myself the task of  using up not only old but single sheets of paper! Use it or lose it is in full swing!
As I had added three rows/columns of squares I kept the rest  plain and uncluttered with just a few quotes dotted around and a little bit of bunting.
Here is the right side.
 I followed the squares across and made a simple embellishment to finish.
 I don't normally add pre-made flowers to my pages as I only have a few of them and they are usually not the right colour but I was lucky to find these two that looked nice layered with a pretty button.

 I am sure this sketch has set your mojo raring to go and if you would like to see the rest of the DT takes you just have to pop over to the Sketch N Scrap Blog HERE!
We are so lucky to have a returning sponsor this month, The Robin's Nest is back and offering a $15 gift certificate to their store this month for one randomly drawn winner!!!  

Hope to see your take on this or any of the Sketch N Scrap sketches this month.
Have a wonderful day.
Bye for now. xx


2 comments:

  1. What a delightful layout. I love the grid design and the colour combo is absolutely awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE how you used the sketch and made a 2 page layout!!! LOVE the colors. PINNING!!

    ReplyDelete