Tuesday 23 September 2014

Hair Chalks.

Leslie from the Memory Nest has a sweet little sketch posted as a challenge this month so I thought I would play along!
Here is the lovely sketch.
And here is my layout that in the end is very loosely based on the sketch! After I started with my four photo's there really wasn't enough room for the title so I shoved the bottom photo's over and placed 
 it on the horizontal strips. Then it was looking a bit boring so I added some heart paper down one side and moved the star embellishment in the sketch up so that I could add a cluster.
There still needed something else on the layout so I added some bunting for good measure!

In the end my page looks almost nothing like the sketch but hey isn't that the beauty of simple well designed sketches - your own photo's and stash can sometimes take you in a whole new direction!

Leslie would love to have you join in with her sketch challenge which runs until 1st October. All details can be found on her awesome blog The Memory Nest HERE.

Thanks for dropping in. xx


4 comments:

  1. OK Kerry.... what is your secret to perfect bunting - EVERYTIME! Please share!!! I love how your layout took a life of its own and of course it is lovely! Great job! -- I really do want to know your secret!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep your added embellies make the page, love the banner, great page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you did with the sketch and the bunting looks awesome!! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable layout! What a fun thing to do - hair chalk. Love your take on the sketch. The paper colors are perfect with your theme. Thank you for playing along with tMN!!! :)

    ReplyDelete