Thursday 26 February 2015

Font Fun Part 3.

Here I am as promised with the third and final layout I created for the friendly challenge between me and my friend Wendy.
The premise was to use up some of your pre-made lettering in a creative way. Now if you have been following the goings on you will know that my first attempt was a disaster that turned out well in the end. My second layout was then a bit tame on the creative font front but today's is somewhere in the middle!


I recently purchased two packets of these lettering but they are all loose and I keep them in a box all jumbled up. Therefore to find enough letters for what I need takes time and is very frustrating making me curse the day I bought them! I decided to use them up sooner rather than later!
This page was inspired by a layout by Jen Jeb.


Even with two packets of the letters there were still not enough E's for my design so some have been replaced with upside down 3's.


Fussy cut chevrons from some Fancy Pants paper.


I do so love creating little embellishment clusters and I used some of the leftover chevron paper to decorate this plain tag.

There we are then three pages done and a few more letters less in my stash!
Wendy has been posting all week long with her creative alpha use so it's well worth stopping by to see how she finds ways around running out of E's!




Thank you so much for joining me and Wendy in our font fun challenge, hope we have inspired you a little to find a way to use those pre-made letters.

Hugs,
Kerry. xxx


3 comments:

  1. Oh being a fan of big alphas, I love this page. And the way you cascaded the upended 3's down the page, makes them look all the more deliberate. Kudos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layout! You never disappoint, Kerry! Love your design and what you did with the alphas!! WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was very creative! I love how you found just the perfect words! I also agree with Susanne above - about how you placed each upside down "e" in a cascading order- it looks great!

    I enjoyed this challenge! Believe it or not - my box of alphas still do not shut properly! GRRR... But I have a few more ideas and if I get a chance, maybe I will work on my two other ideas tonight. I will also be lifting some of your creativity if you do not mind.

    You are the best!

    ReplyDelete