Monday 16 March 2015

Lap of Love.

I am delighted to be Guest Designer over at Pixels and Paper Challenge Blog this month especially as I got to design a layout based on their gorgeous inspiration photo for March.


Here it is! 
I loved the glitter shoes, although there is no way I could walk even a few steps in those heals! 
How cute is that suitcase too? I think that whoever it belongs to needs a lesson in packing though - her clothes will be so crumpled by the time she gets to her destination! 


Here is my layout.
The suitcase full of clothes inspired me to use the photo of my daughter and our cats snuggled under piles of pillows and blankets!
The heart background was cut on my Silhouette and made a great backdrop to the photo and went with the theme of the title.


I used some red glitter chipboard letters to represent the sparkly shoes.
I hand stitched the circles and incorporated some sequins for more shine!


I used Teresa Collins papers for this layout, fussy cutting and punching some to make my embellishments.


One last little close-up.

I do hope the photo inspires you to play along with this months challenge at Pixels and Paper
To see the design teams take on this challenge head on over to the Pixels and Paper blog HERE.

Thanks for popping in. xx

5 comments:

  1. Another fabulous page, Kerry!! Love the hearts, the title, the circles. LOVE it ALL!! And btw - I cant walk in high heels either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hearts die cut makes a lovely photo mat. Love the stitched circles and the little sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute layout! I love the stitched circles with the sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you pulled different bits of inspiration out of the photo. I think I would have been flummoxed by it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so creative on so many levels. This just might be one of my favorites Kerry! I'm speechless - perhaps even in complete awe.

    ReplyDelete