Thursday 9 April 2015

Posh Kitty.

Hello again friends and fellow scrappers, today I have a layout to share that I created for Sketch N Scraps Twistback Thursday Challenge.
It was my turn to choose the challenge for April so for the sketch I traveled back in time to 2012 to find a sketch from before I was on the design team thus had not worked before.
For the Twist I decided that the sketch called out for a creative background so I chose to include masking.


Here is the Twistback Thursday sketch for April, originally from 2012 and design by Lisa Hidy.


This is my mask and you would be correct in thinking it looks like the waste from some lettering! I try to re-use everything I can for another purpose so I had kept the waste from some lettering that I cut using my Silhouette. I had tucked it in with my other purchased masks and when I came across it I thought it was time to give it a second life! 


I usually shy away from masks and sprays because I can never control the outcome (Wendy I am thinking of you as I type!!) but for once I got the effect I was after! I am sure you can all recognise our cat Ginger in the photo's, all dressed up to impress the ladies! 


Keeping it simple for a masculine page (what, no fussy cut flowers I hear you ask!).


I re-coloured these wooden hearts to co-ordinate with the papers.

I hope I have inspired you to play along with us this month with my Twistback Thursday challenge and of course there is a plethora of inspiration to be found on the Sketch N Scrap blog from the other fabulous Design Team gals. Head on over HERE.

Thanks for popping in and see you soon.
Hugs
Kerry. xx

2 comments:

  1. Kerry --- I wish you could have heard me laugh!

    When I did this challenge - I missed the background part - probably because I was in a rush to make the deadline! I loved how you re-used the "waste!" You are so creative!

    This is an adorable page! Your attention to detail is always spot on!

    (BTW - DC is a fabulous place to visit! There is so much to do and see. If you ever go, please let me know. It is about a 4 hr drive from here and I would love to meet up with you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you reused the letter negative sheet as a mask!! Amazing layout! The colors and design are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete