Sunday 27 September 2015

Friendly Challenge - Sketch.

Here there my lovely crafty friends, it's been a busy week scrapbooking wise for me (yeah!) and so today I am going to share the layouts from a friendly challenge.
As you know my dearest friend Helen and I have been challenging each other each month for a few years now and this month was my turn to set a sketch challenge.


I set us this sketch from Pagemaps June 2014.


Here is my take on the sketch and I cheated slightly by only using one photo!
I pretty much kept to the sketch otherwise and I used the September kit from Likeforever which had the perfect papers and embellishments for cat photo's!


I layered up one of the cut-out tags with my title and a couple of pieces from the ephemera pack.


Another embelly cluster.


I absolutely adore the washi tape in the kit that has 'I Love You' printed on.


Now onto Helen's beautiful layout and as you can see she managed to use three photo's as per the sketch. The photo's are of her eldest daughter who is now 20! Check out those curls!
She has used the gorgeous papers from 'Dear Lizzy's Polka Dot Party. One of our favourite paper lines!


You know when you have a die shape and some one else uses it on their layout and you think wow why don't I ever use mine? That was me yesterday when I saw Helen's cute little bird cut from cork!


Helen's simple yet totally pertinent title sits on one of the fussy cut flowers. 


Making use of her favourite heart border die, Helen created an embellishment cluster under the photo.

There we have it for another fun Friendly Challenge. Hope you have enjoyed seeing the two takes on the sketch and this month's challenge is to use this line in our title - 'I Remember When.......'.
So you will be seeing some old photo's of Helen and I in the not too distant future!

Thanks for dropping by and hope you are enjoying your weekend. 
Hugs
Kerry. xx



5 comments:

  1. I love your take on the sketch... that wonder collection is purr-fect for this photo. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how both layouts are so different but you can still see that they're from the same sketch. I have to say that kitty pic is just adorable too and so perfect with the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pages...love the kitty cat die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There you go again.... perfect clusters. I am so jealous! Your title is clever and extremely fun - which matches the fun page. Helen's page is adorable! I love how you two challenge each other!

    ReplyDelete