Monday 9 May 2016

Friendly Challenge - Mood Board.

Who likes to create with mood boards?
They can be a bit daunting sometimes especially if you have never worked with them before as was the case with my friend Helen.
When I set my friendly challenge for last month I created a mood board that I tried to make user friendly for Helen so as not to intimidate her too much. But I needn't have worried she did a grand job of interpreting it.
Also this month Helen and I have been joined by the lovely Wendy, who lives on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean but loves a scrappy challenge too!

Let's get this reveal rolling then....


Here is the mood board I put together (notice I snuck a cat in there!).


Here is my take on the challenge. 
I went with the colour selection, the chevron (not forgetting the cat!) and a title based around the quote.


One way to use up the Z's!





Just a couple of close up's.


Now onto Helen's layout, which she increased to a double due to all the cute sleepy puss photo's!


A fab cluster of hand made embellies.


Helen used a mixture of fonts and lettering for her title and used the quote from the mood board.


Love the pretty doilies across the layout.
Helen is the person I got the fussy cutting bug from! 


One last close-up.



Wendy's layout stars her hubby enjoying a cocktail by the pool (wish I was there!).
I love that Wendy's pages are always so fun and she loves her bold colours.


Simple embellishing for a layout about the man in her life, although I spotted the floral paper tucked in there! 


Cute die-cut title says it all!

Well that's all folks!
Hope you enjoyed seeing our challenge layouts and for this month the challenge is to use a patterned paper background. Something I rarely do these days!

Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs
Kerry. xx





2 comments:

  1. Love your mood board, and all three of you rocked the challenge! So fun to see Wendy joining in with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layouts!!! I LOVE the colors and how you used the zzzzz's!! Very clever! The mood board is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete